top of page

IIf you are already in the United States under a different non-immigrant status and wish to change your status to E-2 classification, you can follow the process for a change of status. Here's an overview of the steps involved:Confirm Eligibility: Ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements for E-2 classification, including being a national of a treaty country, having made a substantial investment in a U.S. business, actively managing or directing the business, and maintaining the intent to depart the United States upon the termination of your E-2 status.Prepare Documentation: Gather the necessary documentation to support your change of status application. This typically includes a comprehensive business plan, financial documents, proof of investment funds, evidence of the business's viability, and any other relevant supporting documentation. Consult with an immigration attorney to ensure you have all the required documentation.Complete Form I-129: Fill out Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, available on the website of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Provide accurate and complete information about your background, the business you have invested in, and your eligibility for E-2 classification.Pay Filing Fees: Pay the required filing fees associated with Form I-129. The fee amount can vary, so check the USCIS web